Motor Grader Operator
1 Position Available
AMI is growing at an exponential rate, and in search of a Motor Grader Operator for our base & stone division who wants to grow with us! The position performs activities associated with the efficient preparation of the base layer underneath asphalt and concrete surfaces to meet company production schedules and quality specifications. They contribute to the overall success of the company by performing duties in a safe and professional manner related to their assigned division(s)- paving, milling, concrete, striping, sealcoating, signage, and/or drainage. Candidates must be experienced in operating a John Deere 670G or similar grader and is comfortable with rough and finish grading and have has the desire to become the crew lead and/or foreman of this Division. AMI offers a team oriented environment, family culture, competitive salary, overtime potential, and paid time off.
· Follow all safety and company policies.
· Perform grading and base stone installation in accordance with DOT, local and commercial specifications.
· Read and implement architectural plans and specifications (application rates, grades, slope, drainage, etc.) to ensure the grade and base is built correctly.
· Work alongside crew members and assist in all capacities of applications and instruct crew members in a profession manner in order to relay expectations and instill motivation.
· Complete jobs within budget and on time.
· Manage all aspects of the operation including ordering of materials, logistics, maintenance, and outside services.
· Coordinate between other crews, subs, and vendors.
· Work with management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes.
· Ability to operate a John Deere 670G or similar grader required. Ability to operate Paver, Roller, Skid Steer, and Skip & Drag preferred.
· Asphalt paving and base stone experience desired; minimum two years in Construction required.
· Strong analytical ability, quantitative and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
· Confidentiality and trustworthiness
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $35.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Lebanon, TN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Grading: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person